Overhead bridge demolition will impact traffic as North Split work continues
INDOT announced today the full closure of Vermont Street between Davidson and Pine streets for overhead bridge demolition. The closure will begin Wednesday, December 1, and finish on or after Friday, December 10, weather permitting.
During this closure eastbound traffic will be detoured to New York Street while westbound traffic will be redirected to Michigan Street.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from New York Street and Michigan Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NorthSplit
Motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, traffic alerts and see traffic cameras anywhere throughout the state by visiting INDOT’s Cars 511 website.