Now to late May: Vermont Street Closure
Vermont Street will remain closed at the North Split for paving through late May. Motorists traveling EB on Vermont St. will detour to New York St. Traffic on WB Vermont Street will detour to Michigan St.
Impacts to Sidewalks and Bike Lanes
Safety is the top priority of the North Split project. Heavy construction equipment is a necessity on the project. To ensure the public and construction workers are safe, the bike lanes and sidewalks throughout the project may be closed. Please follow closure signs and detours.
Current closures include:
- Alabama St. – Both sidewalks open
- Central Ave. – West side closed, detoured to east sidewalk
- College Ave. – West sidewalk closed, detoured to the east sidewalk
- Commerce Ave. – West sidewalk closed, detoured to the east sidewalk
- Monon Trail – Detoured to the Monon Loop
- 10th St. – North sidewalk closed, detoured to south sidewalk
- Saint Clair St. – Open
- Market St. – South sidewalk closed, detoured to north sidewalk
- Michigan St. – South sidewalk closed, detoured to north sidewalk
- New York St. – Open
- Vermont St. – Both sidewalks closed, detoured to the New York north sidewalk
- Washington St. – Open
Please note sidewalks and bike lanes may be closed temporarily if crews determine there is a safety concern.