New traffic patterns and signal timing will help with diversion to New York Street
INDOT announced today the closure of eastbound Ohio Street at College Avenue beginning Monday morning, October 11. The full closure affects vehicular, bicycle and pedestrian traffic and will be in place until November 9, weather permitting.
All eastbound Ohio Street traffic will be redirected to New York Street via College Avenue throughout the duration of the closure. An additional left turn lane has been added on eastbound Ohio Street at College Avenue to accommodate the diversion. Likewise, an additional right turn lane has been added to College Avenue at New York Street.
The signal at the intersection of Ohio and College has been reprogrammed for the new traffic configuration.
Motorists should pay attention and be aware of the new traffic flow at the Ohio/College and College/New York intersections.
During the Ohio Street closure, access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound exit ramp to Michigan Street or Ohio Street (13-ton GVW restriction in place)
- Pine St. entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from New York Street and Michigan Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Detailed maps with construction-related closure and access information can be found at https://northsplit.com/maps/.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NorthSplit
- Twitter: @NorthSplit
- Instagram: @IndyNorthSplit