Local street closures have been extended as part of the North Split interchange reconstruction project. These streets include Ohio Street, 10th Street, Market Street and Commerce Avenue. It was determined that to maximize construction efforts it would be more efficient to leave some streets closed so work could continue now and reduce the frequency and duration of future closures.
Crews will continue with overhead bridge demolition, structure excavation and pile driving during the closures.
Market Street is currently closed under I-65 between Davidson Street and Pine Street, and will now reopen on March 18, weather permitting. Eastbound and westbound vehicular and pedestrian traffic will continue to be detoured to Washington Street throughout the duration of this closure.
10th Street is currently closed under I-65 and I-70 between College Avenue and Highland Avenue, and will now reopen on March 25, weather permitting. Eastbound and westbound traffic will continue to be detoured to 16th Street throughout the duration of this closure.
Ohio Street is currently closed under I-65 between College Avenue and New York Street, and will now reopen on March 28, weather permitting. Eastbound traffic will continue to be detoured to New York Street throughout the duration of this closure.
Commerce Avenue nightly lane closures will continue from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Friday, March 4.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
- Instagram: @IndyNorthSplit
Indiana motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts any time throughout the state, here: https://www.in.gov/indot/2420.htm.
For details on the lane restrictions and closures associated with the current work, please visit 511 Cars for more information.