Market Street will briefly reopen for Thanksgiving weekend and close again Nov. 29
INDOT announced today the closure of Market Street under the interstate as part of the ongoing North Split project.
Market Street closed for structure demolition at 5 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 15, and will reopen by noon on Wednesday, Nov. 24, weather permitting. The street will briefly reopen for Thanksgiving weekend and close again from Nov. 29 to Dec. 17. The detour for vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians follows Washington Street.
Additionally, the current Ohio Street closure has been extended and is now scheduled to reopen on or after December 3, 2021. The closure on Lewis Street has also been extended and is expected to reopen on or after November 19, 2021.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound/I-65 southbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from New York Street and Michigan Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Detailed maps with construction-related closure and access information can be found at https://northsplit.com/maps/.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
Stay informedhttps://www.in.gov/indot/2420.htm.Indiana motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts any time throughout the state, here:
For details on the lane restrictions and closures associated with the current work, please visit 511 Cars for more information.