Drainage installation on Lewis Street will impact traffic as North Split work continues
INDOT announced today the closure of Lewis Street between 13th and 16th streets for drainage installation as part of the ongoing North Split project.
During the closure, vehicular traffic will be detoured to 13th Street, Roosevelt Avenue, Commerce Avenue and 16th Street. Bicycle and pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the Monon Loop. Lewis Street will reopen on or after Wednesday, November 12, weather permitting.
Additionally, the current Ohio Street closure has been extended and is now scheduled to reopen on or after December 1, 2021. The closure on St. Clair Street has also been extended and is expected to reopen on or after November 17, 2021.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound/I-65 southbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from New York Street and Michigan Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Detailed maps with construction-related closure and access information can be found at https://northsplit.com/maps/.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NorthSplit
- Twitter: @NorthSplit
- Instagram: @IndyNorthSplit