Traffic will shift onto new I-70 WB to I-65 NB infrastructure Thursday
- Stay in the right two lanes to continue on I-70 WB to I-65 NB.
- Use the left two lanes to continue through the North Split interchange on I-70 WB toward the airport.
- Use the center lane to take the C/D ramp to Michigan St.
As a reminder, the Meridian/Pennsylvania ramp will remain closed until I-65 reopens in the North Split. I-70 WB traffic will no longer have access to this ramp in the final configuration.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 WB collector/distributor (C/D) exit ramp to Michigan Street
- I-65 NB/ I-70 EB exit ramp to Washington Street
- I-70 WB to Martin Luther King. Jr/West Street
- I-65 SB to Meridian Street
- I-65 SB to West Street
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
The North Split reconstruction project will provide safer, more free-flowing travel for the thousands of motorists who use the interchange each day. Once complete, the new system will take up a smaller footprint and increase the walkability of surrounding downtown Indianapolis neighborhoods. The redesigned interchange will improve safety by eliminating weaving and merging, leading to better traffic flow.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at: