Learn about other upcoming closures and re-openings set for January
Tuesday, the ramp from Delaware /11th Street to I-70 eastbound will close to traffic and reopen on or after March 11, weather permitting. This closure will be in effect for approximately 60 days. Throughout this closure, traffic will be detoured to West Street onto I-70 eastbound, or New York or Ohio streets to Pine Street onto I-70 eastbound.
10th Street will also close under I-65 and I-70 between College Avenue and Highland Avenue for overhead structure demolition and beam erection starting January 17 through January 29, weather permitting. During this closure, motorists traveling both eastbound and westbound will be detoured to 16th Street.
INDOT further reminds motorists Michigan Street is currently closed under I-65 between Davidson Street and Pine Street for overhead structure demolition through January 15, weather permitting. Motorists traveling west on Michigan Street will be detoured to Rural Street, then directed west on Washington Street to College Avenue.
Work on New York Street for shoring tower installation is continuing and set to finalize on or after January 14, weather permitting. Work on Saint Clair Street for pile driving operations, pile infill, abutment construction, and structure demolition will finalize on or after January 15, also weather permitting.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect, ramp to be closed 1/6-1/7 from 8:00pm – 5:00 am)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
Motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, traffic alerts and see traffic cameras anywhere throughout the state by visiting INDOT’s Cars 511 website.