The left lane of the Pine Street entrance to I-70 eastbound is scheduled to close Wednesday evening following the afternoon rush hour and reopen before the morning commute on December 16, weather permitting. The lane closure will allow for bridge beam erection. Access to I-70 eastbound will be maintained via the right lane of the Pine Street entrance.
On or after Monday, December 20, New York Street will close under I-65 between East Street and Pine Street. All eastbound traffic will be redirected to Ohio Street via East Street. Pedestrian traffic will be redirected to Vermont Street. New York Street is anticipated to reopen on December 27.
During the closure of New York Street, local street parking will be temporarily restricted on Davidson Street. Local access to businesses between College Avenue and Davidson Street will be maintained. Traffic flow in the area will be monitored throughout the duration of the closure.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street until December 20
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
Motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, traffic alerts and see traffic cameras anywhere throughout the state by visiting INDOT’s Cars 511 website.