INDOT will close the Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound as part of the ongoing North Split reconstruction project.
The ramp is scheduled to close on or after Monday, July 25 and will reopen to traffic in late September, weather permitting. During the closure, construction crews will reconstruct the Pine Street entrance ramp with connection to northbound I-65 and eastbound I-70.
Both the West Street and Delaware Street on-ramps to I-70 eastbound will remain open during the Pine Street ramp closure.
There will be two official detours for the duration of this closure. Westbound traffic will be directed from Michigan/Pine streets to Davidson Street to New York Street to Rural Street to the Rural/Keystone I-70 eastbound on-ramp. Eastbound traffic will be directed from New York Street to Rural Street to the Rural/Keystone I-70 eastbound on-ramp.
Alternative routes include New York Street to Emerson Avenue to the I-70 eastbound on-ramp and Michigan Street to Delaware Street to the Delaware/11th Street on-ramp.
Access to/from downtown can be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13 ton declared vehicle weight restriction effect)
- I-65 northbound/ I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- West Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound
- Delaware/11th Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
Indiana motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts any time throughout the state, here.
For details on the lane restrictions and closures associated with the current work, please visit 511 Cars for more information.