INDOT reminds motorists of current openings and closures ahead of the travel-heavy holiday
INDOT asks motorists to plan ahead for holiday travel as routes may be impacted by work being performed as part of the North Split Interchange closure.
On Thursday afternoon, just in time for the holiday weekend, Market Street will reopen to traffic.
New York Street is currently closed through December 30, weather permitting, under I-65 between East Street and Pine Street. All eastbound traffic will be redirected to Ohio Street during this closure. All pedestrian traffic will be redirected to Vermont Street.
During the New York Street closure, local street parking will be temporarily restricted on Davidson Street. Local access to businesses between College Avenue and Davidson Street will be maintained. Traffic flow in the area will be monitored throughout the closure.
Lewis Street remains closed under the interstate for drainage structure installation, and is anticipated to continue through early February, weather permitting. Saint Clair Street is closed until January 2.
INDOT further reminds motorists the ramp from Delaware /11th Street to I-70 eastbound is now scheduled to close on or after January 11, 2022. This closure will be in effect for approximately 60 days. Traffic will be detoured to West Street onto I-70 eastbound, or New York or Ohio streets to Pine Street onto I-70 eastbound.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street until December 20
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
Motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, traffic alerts and see traffic cameras anywhere throughout the state by visiting INDOT’s Cars 511 website.