Nightly lane closures also planned for Commerce Avenue as North Split work continues
Starting tomorrow, February 14, Michigan Street will close under I-65 between Davidson Street and Pine Street for pile driving and overhead bridge work. Michigan Street will reopen on or after the evening of Wednesday, February 16, and is expected to close again on February 28 through March 14 for continued pile driving and overhead bridge work.
Throughout the duration of this closure, westbound traffic will be redirected to Washington Street, and pedestrian and bicycle traffic will be redirected to Vermont Street.
INDOT also announced today Commerce Avenue will experience nightly lane closures beginning tomorrow from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Thursday, February 24, weather permitting. This work will allow for structure demolition between 16th Street and Ludlow Avenue.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
Indiana motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts any time throughout the state, here: https://www.in.gov/indot/2420.htm.
For details on the lane restrictions and closures associated with the current work, please visit 511 Cars for more information.