INDOT announced the opening of the southbound I-65 collector/distributor (C/D) ramp to Michigan Street during a media event this morning. This is the first reconstructed ramp to open since the full North Split closure in May. Drivers can begin to use the Michigan Street ramp on Monday, October 11.
During the Michigan Street exit closure, crews worked to reconstruct the ramp pavement and the Saint Clair Street bridge, one of 50 bridges in the North Split interchange. As part of the Michigan Street exit opening, temporary barriers will be placed on the east side of the ramp for construction crews to continue work on the bridge railing.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound exit ramp to Michigan Street and Ohio Street
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from New York Street and Michigan Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street