INDOT is partnering with local organizers to welcome Gen Con attendees back to Indianapolis.
Gen Con is a four-day tabletop gaming convention that draws thousands of people to Indianapolis each year. This year’s event will run from August 4-7, in multiple venues in downtown Indianapolis.
INDOT and the North Split team are working with event organizers and Indianapolis ambassadors to make sure attendees are aware of local road closures.
Routes to the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium may be impacted by work being performed as part of the North Split Reconstruction. Current closures include:
- Central Avenue: Central Avenue is currently closed to traffic between 11th and 12th streets to allow for structure demolition, pile driving, excavation, and MSE wall installation.
- This closure is anticipated to continue through mid-August.
- Northbound traffic detours along 10th Street to College Avenue. Southbound traffic detours west along 16th Street to Alabama Street.
Gen Con participants are staying in hotels across central Indiana. As a reminder, here are the routes that are currently open to downtown Indianapolis:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13 ton declared vehicle weight restriction effect)
- I-65 northbound/ I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- Delaware on-ramp to I-70 eastbound from 11th Street
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
- INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NorthSplit
- Twitter: @NorthSplit
- Instagram: @IndyNorthSplit
For details about lane restrictions and closures associated with current road work throughout the state of Indiana, please visit 511 Cars for more information.