INDOT will close the I-65 northbound ramp to Meridian/Pennsylvania Streets early Monday, October 24, to widen part of the bridge and replace concrete on the ramp.
Through late November, motorists will be redirected to the Martin Luther King Jr./West Street exit. Motorists traveling on I-70 westbound through the North Split reconstruction zone should use the left lane to access the Martin Luther King Jr./West Street exit ramp.
Motorists will still have access to downtown via the following additional exits:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction effect)
- I-65 southbound to MLK/West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound exit to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
The North Split reconstruction project will provide safer, more free-flowing travel for the thousands of motorists who use the interchange each day. Once complete, the new system will take up a smaller footprint and increase the walkability of surrounding downtown Indianapolis neighborhoods. The redesigned interchange will improve safety by eliminating weaving and merging, leading to better traffic flow.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, visit text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NorthSplit
- Twitter: @NorthSplit
- Instagram: @IndyNorthSplit
For details about lane restrictions and closures associated with current road work throughout the state of Indiana, please visit 511 Cars for more information.