Closure to allow for overhead beam erection as North Split work continues
Starting tomorrow, College Avenue will experience nightly closures through January 22, weather permitting, for overhead beam erection. College Avenue will close Thursday evening from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. and Friday evening from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
During this closure, northbound and southbound traffic will be detoured to Central Avenue. There will be no impact on the Monon Loop during the Thursday night closure of College Avenue. On Friday between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m., there will be flaggers on site to implement periodic, 20-minute bike/pedestrian stoppages while beams are set above College Avenue.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
Motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, traffic alerts and see traffic cameras anywhere throughout the state by visiting INDOT’s Cars 511 website.