Closures and restrictions will be in place for up to 60 days
On or after Monday, October 9, Superior Construction will begin work to replace curbs and pavement on 11th Street between Meridian and Delaware streets. Crews will be on site Monday setting up the work zone that will result in full and partial closures of 11th Street as soon as Wednesday.
During the reconstruction of 11th Street, traffic will be maintained as follows:
- 11th Street between Illinois and Meridian: The left lane will close with three lanes open to traffic. At Meridian there will be a dual option through/left turn lane, a dedicated through lane and a dedicated right turn lane.
- 11th Street between Meridian and Pennsylvania: The two left lanes will close with two lanes open to traffic. At Pennsylvania both lanes will be dedicated right turn lanes.
- 11th Street between Pennsylvania and Delaware: This section will be fully closed with no lanes open to through traffic.
- Pennsylvania between 12th and 11th streets: The two left lanes will be closed with two lanes open to southbound through traffic.
- 11th Street parking lot access between Illinois and Meridian will be maintained at all times during construction.
- 11th Street parking lot access between Meridian and Pennsylvania will be maintained except when curb ramp work is being performed. A schedule will be provided as the work progresses.
- 11th Street parking lot access between Pennsylvania and Delaware will not be available for the duration of the construction.
- Parking lots will be accessible via 12th Street.
- Trucks will be detoured south on Meridian, east on 10th Street and north on Delaware.
- All other vehicular traffic will be detoured south on Pennsylvania, east on 10th Street and north on Delaware.
- Pedestrians will be detoured north on Pennsylvania, east on 12th Street and south on Delaware.
The construction on 11th Street is the first of more than a dozen projects on city streets outside of the North Split Reconstruction project limits agreed to by the Indiana Department of Transportation and the City of Indianapolis.