Now to November 9: Eastbound Ohio Street Closure
Eastbound Ohio Street will be closed to traffic at College Avenue until November 9, weather permitting. This is a full closure.
All eastbound Ohio Street traffic will be redirected to New York Street via College Avenue for the duration of this closure.
October 25 to November 1: Saint Clair Street Closure
Bridge construction over Saint Clair Street will require nighttime restrictions on Friday, Oct. 22, and a full closure of Saint Clair Street beginning Monday, Oct. 25. The full closure is needed for pile driving operations and will end on Nov. 1, weather permitting.
The detour follows 10th Street. The north sidewalk is closed for safety, so the south sidewalk will be available to pedestrians.
Impacts to Sidewalks and Bike Lanes
Safety is the top priority of the North Split project. Heavy construction equipment is a necessity on the project. To ensure the public and construction workers are safe, the bike lanes and sidewalks throughout the project may be closed. Please follow closure signs and detours.
Current closures include:
- Alabama St. – East sidewalk closed, detoured to the West sidewalk
- Central Ave. – Both sidewalks closed, detoured to Alabama
- College Ave. – West sidewalk closed, detoured to the east sidewalk
- Commerce Ave. – West sidewalk closed, detoured to the east sidewalk
- 10th Street – North sidewalk closed, detoured to the south sidewalk
- Cultural Trail – North section is closed, pedestrians are detoured to the south at the intersections of Bellefontaine/10th and Dorman/10th.
- Monon Trail – Detoured to the Monon Loop
- Saint Clair St. – South sidewalk closed, detour follows 10th St.
- Michigan St. – Bike lanes and both sidewalks closed, detoured to Vermont St.
- New York St. – Sidewalks closed, pedestrians are detoured to Vermont St. Bike lanes are open
- Market St. – North sidewalk is closed, detoured to Washington St.
Please note sidewalks and bike lanes may be closed temporarily if crews determine there is a safety concern.